Admission Procedure for Mar Thoma Higher Secondary School
- Nursery and K.G. = Parents Interview along with the child
- K.G. II and Class I = English, Hindi and Maths
- Class II to Class V = English, Maths
- Class V to X = English, Maths & Science
- Class XI = English, Maths/Bio./Commerce
Selection and admission for Class XI
After the secondary school (Class X} Examination, students are being provided with the following subjects and combinations by our school according to the CBSE:
- Mathematics Stream: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science / Physical Education /Hindi
- Biology Stream: English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science / Physical Education / Hindi
- Commerce Stream : English, Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics / Entrepreneurship, Hindi / Maths / Computer Science / Physical Education
Selection and admission will be on the basis of the following criteria:
- A list of meritorious students will be prepared by the school considering the Internal Assessment and the Board Result of Class X.
- In order of merit, students and their parents will be counselled by a panel of competent teachers.
- A student will be given his chosen subject on the basis of his performance and availability of seats.
Admission General Rules and Regulations
- Admission to the class I is primarily reserved for our own students. However students of parents coming on transfer and other genuine cases are eligible for seeking admission in class I onwards provided there is vacancy.
- Application for admission shall be made on the prescribed forms which is available from the school office.
- Child should have completed 2.5 years of age on 1st of July of the year of admission in Nursery. Admission age for other classes may be counted accordingly.
- Admission test and interview will be conducted and admission will be given on merit basis.
- Oral test is conducted for Nursery and K.G. L But from K.G. II onwards, written test and interview will be the criteria.
- For primary classes applicants shall be examined in English and Mathematics.
- For classes VI onwards applicants should under go tests in English, Mathematics & Science.
- The selection list will be published within three days.
- The selected students should produce true copy of the mark sheet of examination attended and the transfer certificate (duly counter signed) in original.
- Those who are seeking admission from Nursery to class I for the first time require to produce an official birth certificate of the respective Panchayat or Municipality to verify the date of birth.
- For any questions or doubts regarding the admission, the decision of the Governing body will be final and binding
Scholastic & Co-Scholastic Regulations
- As per Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) introduced by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Students will be assessed on the basis of their scholastic and co-scholastic aspects.
- Evaluation of scholastic aspects will include four formative assessments and two summative assessments.
- Formative assessments will be on the basis of subject knowledge and performance of the students in the class. They are not restricted to paper pencil tests.
- Promotion of the students will be based on their day-to-day work throughout the year and also on their performance in the summative assessments.
- Co-scholastic aspects involve development of the personality of the students such as Life skills, Attitudes and Values, Participation and Achievement in Co-curricular activities as well as Health and Physical Education.
- Attendance in all assessments is compulsory and no retest will be conducted except on medical ground for the absentees.
- The results declared at the end of the year are final and will not be reconsidered.
- In 1st & 2nd summative assessment result, answer sheet will be shown to the students / parents as in the case of FA Exams.
- Parents or Guardians should check and sign all the test and examination reports and return to the class teacher within three days.
- Those who fail in two subjects can appear for supplementary examination by paying Rs. 50/- per subject.
- The passing percentile will be as per the rules of CBSE.
- Wherever the practical exam marks is applicable the student has to pass theory and practical exam separately.
- In case, a child misses a test / examination, it will be marked as absent in the report card. The average of the actual marks obtained in test /exams attended, will be considered while calculating the final result.
- No division and rank shall be awarded to the student appearing in the supplementary examinations. For promotion 75% attendance is compulsory.
- Repeated absence without permission or unexplained absence for more than 10 consecutive days renders the students liable to have his / her name struck off roll. Re-admission may be granted at the discretion of the Principal on payment of readmission fee of Rs. 500/-.